- Visual and Performing Arts
Marching Band is an open class to all students involved in either our music or color guard programs, grades 9-12. Students must audition for chair placement within the ensemble, including leadership positions. Emphasis is placed on the developing good tone quality, technique, style, music theory, music vocabulary and ensemble blend and balance. Marching technique and style is also emphasized. Color Guard members audition in May for try-outs, to determine their participation. Students spin flag, rifle and saber. Color Guard members also learn dance technique.
- Performances include:
- Home football Games
- Field Show Contests
- Local and Disneyland Parades
- Other Local and recruitment performances
Students are required to attend one night per week rehearsals from 5:00 pm-9:00 pm and all Saturday rehearsals, along with other schedule sectionals for winds and percussion.
- June 10-13 pre-summer band camp, 5:00 pm-9:00 pm each night
- June 19-July 26 Drum line and color guard rehearsals one day per week
- August 12-17 Full Band Camp 1:00 pm-9:00 pm (Monday-Saturday)
- Monday night rehearsals 5:00 pm-9:00 pm beginning August 19
- September -November Football Games/Contests
- December/Parade performances
For more information about our Band program, please visit our website at www.anhsmusic.com.